PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spray Paint Party

I got this baby at a garage sale last weekend for 75 cents. I think I squealed when I saw it!

I cleaned off all the cobwebs, took out the slats, and gave it a good wipe-down.

Out came the white spray paint.


And she's done!

Now the really fun part-filling her with teeny tiny pieces of art. This is the very first piece of art I bought off of ebay. It was before etsy...or at least before I had heard of etsy. It measures 2 1/2 inches high and 1 1/2 inches high. The back is dated January 2006 and it is by an artist named Sarah Smith. I tried to look up her website to link her to you but it no longer exists.

This is a Noodle and Lou heart with wings that I had to have. You can see some of my hearts with wings here or here...

And this is one of Jenn's famous french couple lulettes. They are so sweet and tiny!

And I told you here about how much the word "grace" means to me. I bought this from Jes and it is super duper teeny tiny!

I hung it in the kids hallway right next to our "Grace Rules". I can't wait to fill it up with tiny treasures.
I thought about filling in some of the block backgrounds with different scrapbooking papers. Maybe where we put some nature pieces like shells or pretty stones. What do you think?
Go to Thrifty Decor Chick to see what other people are spray-painting right now.
Happy Monday:)
xo,
Chrissie

12 comments:

Crafty Niche said...

That is so cute!

alyssa said...

i can't wait for garage sale weather!! what a great find for 75 cents!! why isn't their a cents symbol??

Unknown said...

So cute. I think the scrapbook paper idea is great.

lori vliegen said...

75 cents?! are we talking deal of the century here or what?! you're going to have so much fun filling up those sweet little cubbies (i LOVE what you have already put in it!!)!
:)

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

This is so cute! I saw something very similar at my Goodwill and have almost bought it twice!!

noodle and lou said...

Are you KIDDING!!?! 75 teeny cents!! I'm drooling Chrissie!!! AND it's HOUSE shaped!? forget it!!! too cute. thanks for putting my little lulettes in there:) they look right at home. I just love it!! Jen DeDonato just recently made the cutest shadow box piece with scraps of paper in the background. xox...jenn

p.s. Happy belated Anniversary!

Adrienne said...

What a fun find! I like the tiny bird with grace on it.

Free Art Printables said...

I love it! I love the little figures on it! Jen

Unknown said...

This is SO whimsical. Love it!
-Mrs. Petrie @ http://casapetrie.com/blog/

Jody said...

This is so cute! What a find!!! Love it!!!
jody

Anonymous said...

Awe! WHat a find! Thanks for showcasing my little birdie in there....all the art looks great!
Jes

THE BROWN BOYS said...

great idea! paper in some of the backgrounds would look great! - kind of along the lines of jen denato's. my mom has made some similar - where she turns each cubicle into a room with paper and paint furniture. sometimes she just paints a word in each box. don't think i have any pics of these on our blog. i'll have to dig around and see if i can find any for your inspiration! make sure to show it to us again when you get it finished!