PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, April 20, 2009

Tell our Daughters

tell our daughters
by Besmilr Brigham
a girl is born
like a little bird opening its wing
she lifts her face
in a down of feathers
a rose
opens its leaves
with such natural care
that we give words for
petal deep
in the imagination
a word becomes
a bitter thing
or a word is
an imagination
tell our daughters they are
fragile as a bird
strong as the rose
deep as a word
and let them make
their own growing time
big with tenderness

5 comments:

Michele said...

What a sweet tribute to your daughter! She's adorable. FYI - Parent magazine is taking photo submisssions of cute kids for their Nov cover (see www.parent.com/cover-kid for more details). I bet you have lots of sweet photos of your kids. I wanted to let you know that I received my MARRIAGE art/quote from you and I love it. Can't wait to get it framed. Have a great week!

sara said...

LOVE that picture!!!

sharon said...

This is beautiful Chrissie! Thank you for your comment today on my question! You have a very understated yet eloquent way with words, so powerful also...I really like your answer, and I think you are right!

Beth Anderson said...

Hi Chrissie - thanks for reminding me - yes, I will be paying it forward this week.
Thanks for your kind words about my work too.
:-)

lori vliegen said...

your daughter is absolutely precious!! :)