PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Make Some Art Monday

Hello! Welcome to the very first "Make Some Art Monday"!
Did you make some art? I can't wait to see it. Remember the theme this week was quotes. But if you weren't inspired by a quote, or would rather share something else you made, please feel free to share.
This is the piece I made this week. I don't know if you can read the quote, but it says:
Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. -Mary Jean Iron

While I was gone I was missing my day to day tasks like laundry, packing lunches, helping with homework...all the normal every day activities that we sometimes complain about, but are really joyful common experiences.
I used a piece of watercolor paper cut to 8 x 10, painted the background with yellow and gold metallic acrylic paints, stamped numbers on the side, free-motion stitched around the numbers, and collaged the pictures, text, and paper shapes on.
I added the pom-pom fringe on the bottom and used a hole puncher and ribbon on the top to string it.
I want to hang it somewhere where it can be a daily reminder of how lucky I am to be at home with my kids, even amidst some of the monotonous days...:)
This is the inspiration for next week. I found this large mural in a Starbucks at the Charlotte airport. I love the enormity of it.
Look at the colors, the shapes, the randomness of the strokes...
I am very curious to see how this inspires you to create something. Or show us something else you made!
Don't just sit there...Make Some Art!!
If you are linking up this week, please remember to be kind and don't be a copy-cat!:)
Also,
1. Make sure to leave a permalink to your post, not to the whole blog.
2. Leave encouraging comments for others who are participating.
3. Please link back to this post in your blog entry.
I am so excited to see what you made. (I hope I'm not the only one...that would be terrible!)


7 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

Great collage! You are soo creative and inspiring! I'm uploading my piece tomorrow! I can't wait! Have a great week!

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

Hi Chrissie
Love this piece. . You have a very distinctive style. I linked up.

Anonymous said...

I left my art from last week on your e-mail. mom

Jill said...

LOOVE your art!!! I just linked a little piece up too!!!!:)
Have a great day!
Blessings!
Jill
p.s.- love your moms too!

the undomesticated wife said...

I love that, and the colors really speak to me!

When will next week's theme be posted?

Ruth said...

I love your piece. So very fun!! I also love the piece from Starbucks!!

I hope to link up next week. We weren't here all day today.

Ruth

sara said...

Great art! I love that quote! Lately I have been thinking that the normal day here is very special and I need to be thankful!

Weird that I didn't get your updates on my followers list like I usually do, or I would have known about your linky party ahead of time!