PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 28, 2009

2009 in Review

A look back at my creative endeavors...











Another borrowed idea from the wonderful Sara Mincy...a 2009 review in pictures. (Go here to see hers!) It sure was fun going through my blog and finding my favorites for each month. Wow, I made a lot of art this year!
I love seeing the evolution of a lot of it...Some trends I noticed~
  • a lot more fabric art! Quilts, altered fabric art, a lot of embellishing on clothes. This of course was brought on by the creating of the new book. However, I am looking forward to learning a lot more about fabric art the coming year
  • my mosaic style has evolved a lot this year. I was so burnt out on them that I didn't do a lot, but the ones that I did do I am very happy with. I hope to do some large items again in 2010
  • a lot of my creative time was spent on items for our home. I hope to double that this year
  • I sure made a lot of posies!:)
  • Although I sold over 100 items this year in my etsy shop, I still haven't found a "selling niche". I would surely love to, although I am starting to question whether or not I am meant to be doing that.
  • Even though my style may seem very colorful and eclectic still, I have noticed a large simplification in my style
  • I am still an amateaur photographer...:( I am DETERMINED to change that this year.

I had so much fun this year creatively. I question myself constantly...but it always comes down to the fact that I am an artist at heart. I create with passion and love. It is inherently who I am. I know that God has given me this gift. I am not quite sure what He wants me to do with it, so I am just continuing to create until He tells me. I am so excited to see where 2010 will bring me and I am excited to keep blogging about my journey. Thank you again for sticking with me and I will see you in the New Year!!! Happy 2010 Friends!:)

9 comments:

Tara said...

Have enjoyed following your blog this past year. I love your work. It is fun! Thanks for sharing it all with us.
Hope 2010 is a blessed and prosperous year for you and yours!
Happy Creating.
Tara

Mary said...

How wonderful to see all your work this way. I love the heart with wings and polka dots piece. The colors are my favorites too.

sara said...

Love it! Wow- what a creative year at your house. I love seeing it all collaged up like that.

Teresa aka Tess said...

Wow I sure wish I had found you sooner thatn I did. Your art is awesome. Loved seeing your year in review. Thanks so much for sharing.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Chrissie, I hope you and your family have a blessed, creative and happy 2010!

lori vliegen said...

your year in review is magnificent chrissie!! God has certainly blessed you with a fabulously creative spirit, and He will continue to lead you down wonderful, artful paths......here's to a great 2010!! hugs, :))

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

In the words of my daughter, "oh my delicious!" Everything you made is absolutely gorgeous, and I especially love the heart with wings piece in January. Wow!!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

REALLY... what a peek into your truly awesome creations!
wow!
sooooo inspiring... i think i might pop! :)

hAppY NeW YeAr to you!
blessings... happiness... time for creativity... galore!


carissa

ko said...

we are still loving what you made for us !:)