PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On the 9th day of Christmas...

we painted one of our glass doors with paint.
I got the idea from the ever-creative Sara Mincy, who always shares her colorful and fun family friendly activities. Like Sara, we just used the cheap $1 acrylic paint bottles. (It comes off very easily when your ready to wash it off)
I used black and quickly painted in the lines of the designs. It acted as a "coloring page" of sorts, so the kids had a clear guideline of what to paint.
Then the kids helped me fill it in.
Obviously, you see every stroke you make. I love the results. It looks like a giant piece of folk art!
It was a really fun family activity to do together!

16 comments:

Jill said...

SOOO stinkin' cute!!
Blessings!
jill

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

How beautiful!!

Mary said...

Great idea, and it came out so cute!
I am sure the kids, and you, had a blast doing it.

Crissie, your book is ready to be mailed - sorry I have not gotten it off sooner. I pulled my back last week and it set me back a bit.

Helena said...

I love this! But I can definitely tell you are an artist. I'm not sure it would look as cute for me.

Christi said...

I love this! So cute.

icandy... said...

WONDERFUL!!!!
XOXOX
Christina

Joanna said...

That is adorable, Chrissie! I wish I had a dfoor to paint like yours!

Beth said...

awwww, NICE! i'm totally doing this next year! how fun!

sara said...

LOVE it!!!!! Wow- what a great idea- to let the kids help. I love your design. GREAT JOB!

tonya said...

Whoa!! We are SO doing this!!

Thanks for sharing!!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Chrissie- This is gorgeous! A family masterpiece! Lori

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

oh i love this,, now if i only had a glass door,, i guess it would work on my kitchen window though.. thanks for sharing,, have a Merry Christmas

PuggleTrouble said...

I love it! It's great! Can't do it this year...But maybe next year....!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I Know the kids had fun! I will get to see it Monday. What a special mommy you are. So many memories for my grandchildren to have when they get older! I LOVE ALL OF YOU! Mimi xo

Ruth said...

I love it. How much fun. Maybe we'll try that on our windows.

Ruth

kw said...

GENIUS!!!!!