PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Quilt-Along

If you have a nice amount of fabric scraps you may want to join Heather's Quilt-Along.  It is a quilt as you go. She has all the directions on her blog.  Here is my first square before I quilted it.  I am using plain muslin on the back.
My square ended up measuring 12.5 x 12.5.  I have really wanted to try the pebble quilting for a while, but I was scared I would mess up!  But I figured this was a great place to try it.  I used my free motion foot, started in the middle, and then made circles.  I sewed around each circle twice.
I love it!  It wasn't hard at all.  What do you think?
Even if you don't want to make a whole quilt, a few blocks would make a nice table runner.  Heck, you could even do one for a pillow!  Hmmm...now I'm thinking I might do some smaller scale projects with mine...:)

********************************************************************************

Oh, and "In His Grace" finally jumped on the Facebook wagon.  Most of my local work are custom mosaics, so I'll have regular updates and other "business" stuff :)  I would love if we were Facebook Friends:)

5 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

I really like it!

Jennwith4 said...

Love it!

luci said...

thanks for the news on the quilt along. I have new fabrics after my holidays ready to start a quilt so this could be the perfect timing to help get me started!

Sameer said...

nice post..thanks share it.
web designmlm software

Erin Butson said...

This is so sweet! Love it chrissy!