PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's Fall Y'all!

Like a lot of you, Fall is my favorite time of the year.  Although it is still very warm here, there is a subtle difference in the air.  The light has changed.  The sunrise is beautiful every morning.  The kids are in a nice, solid routine at school and the holidays are coming! :)
We made our yearly pumpkin patch run with my Mom yesterday.  I had to drag Logan along.  Apparently when you are 10 the pumpkin patch is for babies?  Oh well.  He ended up taking a lot of the photos. :)
 Cuties :)

I happen to love the gnarled, ugly pumpkins.  It reminds me that God loves us all, warts and all.  There is a purpose for every living thing!
 My oldest and youngest.  How did they get so big?
Ava searched high and low for the perfect pumpkin.  She wanted a perfectly round one with no bruises or spots and a straight stem.  I think she inspected  every single pumpkin!
Logan tried to get a group shop.  Nearly impossible! :)
I hope you are enjoying fall wherever you are.  We don't have the pleasure of seeing the leaves change in Florida, but there is surely beauty to be found!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

The pumpkin patch is so much fun. My 13 yo son does not enjoy it as much anymore. I think it's great and my 17 yo daughter loves it. Maybe it's a boy thing.

I loved the gnarled pumpkins. The uglier they are the cuter I think they are.

Ruth

Emily said...

We are off to that same patch this morning. We have pics with Snoopy every year. BTW, that sunflower is awesome!
Emily

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

happy fall! i think your trip to the pumpkin patch looks like a great time!!

Erin Butson said...

We went today too. I'm such a fan of your work. your kids are precious!