PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One Week from Today...

One week from today I will be re-opening my etsy shop.  After almost 200 sales, I am changing a lot. 
I have a new theme.
I have a new mission.
I have a new name.
I feel good about what I'm making and selling.

 

I'm praying that it goes over well and it's successful.
If any of you have etsy shops, you know how intimidating it can be to open up your heart and art. The fear of rejection is there, of course. But I do feel like I'm obeying God, so I'm excited to see what happens.

 
After recooping costs for materials and fees, 25 % of the profits will go directly to CBC Seminole, a local foster and adoption agency here in Central Florida. The remaining monies will go to finish off our Dave Ramsey debt plan.


 (front of the bag)
(back of the bag)


I've been working all week on this bag.  I originally designed it to be a bible study bag.  It's the perfect size for a bible and notebook or two.  But it could be used for any kind of bag, really.  I look forward to making more of these.

I can't wait to show you more!
xo,
Chrissie

9 comments:

Joji said...

I love the first one...I can not wait to see the new shop.

Kim's Treasures said...

Wow what a great looking bag! Wishing you lots of luck with your new shop...how awesome to share your earning with such a great charity!

Mindy said...

Beautiful! Nothing like using your talent to spread the Word and further the Kingdom! I love it!

Christi said...

Can't wait to see!

Gathering Hope said...

Good luck with the new shop. This is why I left ebay...
The bag is lovely, and the colors are great!
Sherry

Ruth said...

What a cute bag. I am sure your Etsy shop will do well.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I learned about you through some of the artists in your book that I follow, and can't wait to get my own copy. Your work is lovely, and I love the idea of adding text, especially such holy words that we all need to keep close to our hearts and meditate on. Just take the plunge with the shop, and they will come!

A Little Of A Lot said...

Good luck w/ your shop. Love the bag

Erin Butson said...

Hi Chrissy, yes, yes, I know what you mean. it's super scary and intimidating, but can be so rewarding and surprisingly fun. I've had to take a step back, many times to put a little distance between my heart, my value as an artist and the shop, to get off the rollercoaster. But it can also be so rewarding and a confidence boost too. I'm still surprised every someone spends their precious money on my art!

Enjoy the ride! You'll do great & God will honor your heart to give & save.Can't wait to visit your shop.