PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, May 23, 2011

Little Pieces of Lovely

Little Pieces of Lovely from the weekend:

I keep a notebook where I jot down all my ideas...I sketch out images that come to my mind, and scriptures and quotes that inspire me.  Ava is at a stage where she wants to practice writing all the time.  I found this scrap of paper in my room over the weekend...
She must have copied it out of my notebook.  It is one of my favorite quotes, and it's by Maya Angelou.  Somehow her handwriting makes it even more poignant for me.
I think I'll embroider and frame it so I can look at it every day :)

*****************************************

I've never been to Hobby Lobby before until this weekend.
They opened one in our town about a year ago, but it's about 30 minutes away.  I took a drive out there one day, not knowing they were closed on Sundays.
I have to say it's about 10 times better than Michaels and Joanns.

I stocked up on yards of Kona solids:


And I also bought some really fun prints for new products.  It was fun shopping!

****************************************

I didn't get it before, but now I do.
I never thought I would say this, but I have Bieber Fever.
We watched the movie last night, and this is one talented kid.
The movie is so inspiring...it tells the story of him and his family.  It is a feel-good movie about going for your dreams.  Really, he is so much more than a one-hit wonder.

******************************************

I found this on pinterest and I want it!  Does anyone know who the artist is, and if it's available for sale anywhere?
I want to hang it in the kids hallway as a reminder to us ALL, for how blessed we are!

*****************************************

I had enough time to finish up a batch of yummy new checkbook covers.  I'll be updating the shop tomorrow:)

***************************************

Last but not least, after almost the whole day spent poolside, we ended the weekend with ice-cream cones.  Now, it doesn't get any better than that, does it?  :)


I hope your weekend was filled with little pieces of lovely, too!

Photobucket

Linking up here:)
                                                               Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

love all the color in your space. :)

Appleshoe said...

Lovely photo's all of them really, but the last one of the ice cream gang is by far my favorite. The quote you are looking for I have received several times as a forwarded email chain that states written by anonymous at the end (but you know how forwards can work sometimes). I think I saw the format that you are looking for at Michaels once or something similar. I don't know if that helps at all with your search. Take care and good luck.

Jami said...

ooo I love those check book covers! I don't have a Hobby Lobby ;(

Anonymous said...

the check book covers are adorable!!!!

http://resourcefulred.blogspot.com

A Little Of A Lot said...

Love, love, love that print. If you find out who the artist is will you share ?

We're getting a hobby Lobby here soon, I can't wait. Hancock depresses me and Joann's eats up my gas being a 2hr round trip and I like to see and feel my fabrics in person, so not an online shopper. Weird huh ? :)