PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Gratitude gives way to Simplicity



(prints available here)

I love when I'm creating art and certain pieces fall in place just the way they are supposed to.

I've been painting these flowers all weekend, and last night when I got into a nice, hot bath, I grabbed my copy of the book Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach.
I've had this book for over 10 years and every once in awhile I pick it up and I always find something poignant in it.
The following passage really resonated with me:

"Gratitude gives way to simplicity-the desire to clear out, pare down, and realize the essential of what we need to live truly well.  Simplicity brings with it order, both internally and externally.  A sense of order in our life brings us harmony.  Harmony provides us with the inner peace we need to appreciate the beauty that surrounds us each day, and beauty opens us to joy."


What a gift it is in life when God provides us with just the reminder that we need at any particular moment...

I hope you had a blessed weekend.  :)


Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this blog. It is an inspiration. :)

marie said...

I just ordered one of your prints yesterday. Now you've gone an added another one to my wish list!! This one is beautiful!!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Wonderful flowers! I needed this phrase...especially today!

thanks for sharing, Chrissie =)

hugZ,
annie