PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Less


(8 x 10 print available here)

This started out as a sketch back in November, and became a painting recently.
I am in a constant battle between wanting more and wanting less.
I have dreams of grandeur and I often think God saves me by not giving it to me.
I struggle with thinking my house needs to be bigger, my car needs to be newer, I never "have anything to wear".  Anyone else do this?  

And then I fill up my schedule with so many things that I get stressed out and everyone in my family pays the price.    This is why I chose the word gratitude this year.  I have so much to be grateful for.  Our modest home is safe and cozy.  We have the ability to pay for it.  My car is safe and large enough to fit my whole family.  We have the ability to pay for it.  I have clothes that fit me, keep me comfortable, and for the sake of  aesthetics, are still pretty cute.  I have the ability to work from home and teach, both passions of mine that allow me to contribute to the family income and be available for my children.  It's a dream we worked for for a long time.

Clutter makes me feel a little claustrophobic   Clutter in my home, clutter in my mind.  Simple is always better for me.  Simplicity keeps my mind clearer, it makes me a better mother and wife.  Simplicity for me begins the day with God, and ends the day with God.  When I weed out my wants, I always realize that less is more.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

very wise words!
I am glad you are blogging again.

Appleshoe said...

Welcome back and Happy New Year. It's good to see you again. Your posts were missed. Take care.

Unknown said...

very much agreed. LOVE this print. this is my heart to live simply, taken care of by the Lord, but yet I battle between wanting more & wanting less all at the same time.

Gifts of Creation said...

Wow, that was so beautifully said. Thanks for sharing and I can totally relate to everything you said. I am trying to be simpler for 2013, more grateful and worry less..
Magdalene