PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, June 17, 2013

Summer Series 2013 (Week 3)



I'm so glad to see you've been enjoying the summer series downloads I've been creating!
I loved seeing all the Daddy day gifts that were made!
 
Last week I taught an art camp for ages 6-8.  I thought this week I would share the projects I did with them and if you make any of them, send me a photo or tag them on Instagram (#summerseries2013) to win a free 8 x 10 from my shop!
 
 
***********************************************************
1.  "Kaleidoscope Painting"
Paint the lid of a cup with black paint and use it to stamp overlapping circles.
Once it dries, paint inside each shape with a different color.
This is a very relaxing project for all ages!  :)


 
2.  "Hands and Feet"
Trace the child's hands and feet and let them draw the body and face.
Talk about what kind of background they'd like.  Outline all the pencil marks with a black permanent marker and then paint.


 
 
3.  "Hot Air Balloons"
Paint your background paper to look like a sunset.
On another sheet of paper, let the child draw a hot air balloon.
Using glue watered down, overlap pieces of tissue paper.  When it's dry, cut it out
and glue it on the background.   Paint white clouds in the background.
 ( The boys had fun drawing the basket with multiple rooms!)


 
4.  Robots
Using a case of donated CD cases and bits and pieces (nuts, bolts, pipe cleaners, popsicle sticks, foil paper, etc.), the kids created their own robots.  This is good for younger kids too!

 
5.  "Model Magic"
You can buy model magic at Michaels or Joanns.  It's an airdry clay.
We made frogs and owls, but you can make anything you want!
Paint with tempera or acrylics when they dry.

 
6.  "Batiks"
Have the child draw an image on a large piece of paper.
Encourage them not to use too much detail.  Cut out a piece of white fabric and lay it over the drawing.
Using Elmers blue gel glue, outline the drawing. Make sure it dries thoroughly.
Thin acrylic paint with water and let them paint on the fabric.
After it dries, run the fabric through water and let it soak for about 20-30 minutes.
The glue will come off and you will have a batik!  :)




Enjoy crafting with your kiddos.  I can't wait to see what all you come up with!!

Photobucket



2 comments:

sara said...

I LOVE these Chrissie!! I think I may do the robot and balloon for my art class fri :) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

These projects were so cute and such great ideas. The hands and feet one is so special I love them. I may have to borrow some of your ideas for my kids.


PhD by Publication